Photos: ARENA SPORT
It was named after the Sarajevo neighbourhood in which it is located, and one of the popular names among local fans is "Valley of the Jars (Dolina ćupova)".
After the construction in 1953, the "Grbavica" Stadium had only the west stand, which was transferred from the "April 6" Stadium from Marindvor’s court.
At that time, the stadium also had an athletics track, which was removed during the reconstruction of the stadium from 1968 to 1976.
Significant reconstructions of the stadium were carried out in 2004 and 2017.
During the works in 2004, the dressing rooms were completely renovated and chairs were placed on the south and north stands, so at that time the capacity of the stadium was 12,000 (of which 9,135 with seats).
The most significant renovation of the stadium took place in 2017, when a completely new east stand with 4,266 seats was built, bringing the capacity of today's stadium to 13,449 seats.
The dimension of the pitch is 105x66 metres.
Along with the "Bilino Polje" Stadiums in Zenica and "Pecara" in Široki Brijeg, it is one of the three stadiums in Bosnia and Herzegovina that meets the UEFA stadium requirements of the "third category".
There are two more auxiliary playgrounds in the complex where this stadium is located.